Wednesday, April 1, 2009

SCHOOL. MUST. END.

I'm so sick of school right now!  I know that's not unique, it's what most all students start to feel this time of year.  Projects are piling up, I'm neglecting my housing duties, I'm doing "just enough" work, not going above and beyond like I should.  I always start the semester strong, and then slack off heavily during the last month or so.  Well, it's the last month or so, so my internal clock is set to "slack" mode.

On the plus side, I have something to look forward to besides a summer of being locked inside earning next-to-nothing.  I booked some of my school trips for the Fall, so I'm signed up to go to London, Stonehenge, Edinburgh, Ireland, Paris and Italy!  For my independent trips I want to try to go to Germany (don't really care what city) and Prague, maybe Vienna!  Actually, I want to go to Salzburg to walk on the fountain like the kids do in the Sound of Music.  I would video that for Katie.  I also registered for classes, and will be taking "The British Experience from the Celts to the Present Day", "Modern British Politics" and "The Birth of the Modern West: Europe, 1350-1603".  HISTORY!  I'm so excited.  I've always loved History and LTU just doesn't have much of a history curriculum.

I can't wait to get out of here for a semester, but I'm nervous too!  I just need something different for a small period of time--I'll still be taking classes, and they will probably be difficult.  But it will be something out of the ordinary!  That way, hopefully, when I come back I'll be more motivated and dedicated to this school.  Because right now, it's just a hobby.  Seriously, I place more priority on work and family and friends than school.  Which, I know, is awful and I should be beaten, scourged, dragged across pavement, and burned at the stake for saying that.  But the amount of time I devote to school is roughly equivalent to what most people devote to playing a recreational sport or volunteering at a hospital or something.  I spend more time on HogwartsLive and doing stuff for my sorority than I spend on schoolwork.  

SAD.


No comments:

Post a Comment