Monday, April 13, 2009

Mel Gibson is single

I just read on Yahoo! news (my source for world events) that Mel Gibson and his wife of 28 years are getting a divorce.  This is very, very sad, of course.  Divorce is always sad, unless it's Elizabeth Taylor or Britney Spears.

However, my lifelong dream is now come true:  Mel Gibson is single.  Of course, he is a lot older than me, but when I was younger my favorite movies were Lethal Weapon and a little-seen war movie called Gallipoli.  Both starred a studly young Mel Gibson.

So while it is sad that he is divorced, I can now watch Gallipoli and Lethal Weapon and think:  he is single.

1 comment:

  1. I used to love Mel Gibson - even when sporting the mullet. I kind of lost it for him over the years. I was quite surprised when I read him and his wife were divorcing. they were married for 28 years! in Hollywood, that's like 100 years

    ReplyDelete