Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring Not-a-Break

I want to sue LTU for false advertisement.  Spring Break here is NOT A BREAK.  I had so much *expletive* homework - every single professor seems to think that because you have a week of no classes that you have time to do massive projects and multiple assignments.  Um, hello?  I still had to work.  I still had to fulfill my other obligations that don't have to do with school.  And I had to climb the mountain of homework you all assigned me!

So what did I do over break?

I made 4 videos and posted them on Facebook and Youtube.  I slept.  A LOT.  I watched each Harry Potter movie twice with my mom.  I went to the bar.  I sat in my friend Matt's basement.  I talked to my boyfriend on the phone because he goes to LTU and also had a crap load of homework and projects to complete.  

And the rest of the time? I was plopped on my couch with my cat, staring at my computer and completing my dumb homework and studying for a stupid midterm exam about lighting and audio that is the same day our huge project is due.

I DON'T mind having a bit of homework over break.  I understand giving us a few reading assignments, maybe an online quiz, a small mini-project.  But what if I had planned a trip?  No way in hell I would bring my homework to South Padre and sit on the beach studying up about kairos while all my friends sit around me and soak up the sun and the alcohol.

I just feel like if you're going to advertise this hiatus as a BREAK, it should really be a BREAK.  If not, that's fine.  Call it "classes-are-cancelled-but-you-have-MORE-work-than-usual" week.  It's just building up hopes that come crashing down.


**TV Writing class was not overwhelming over break, just so everyone knows.  That was manageable.  And kind of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment