Thursday, March 26, 2009

New Medicine

This isn't good!  I tried this new form of Albuterol, which I need to take occasionally for the mucus build-up in my lungs (yucky, I know).  Normally I take it through breathing treatments, which means I empty a cartridge of liquid Albuterol into this cup thingee with a mouthpiece, turn on the machine, and it vaporizes it so I inhale it.  Afterward, I'm shaky for about a half hour, but it goes away and I feel better.

Lately I'm so busy I don't really have time to sit down for an hour, breathe out of a machine, and then wait for the effects to wear off, so I tried a 12-hour Albuterol pill before I went to bed last night.  I slept fine, but I woke up this morning SO SHAKY!  Like, I could barely get out of bed.  I had to sit down in the shower and it took me an hour to get ready for work!  Usually I get up a half hour early and try to do Pilates (when I'm not sick, and I thought I would feel good enough to do it this morning) but I could barely stand!  

I feel a little bit better now, because I took it at about midnight last night so I'm expecting it to wear off at around noon.  But that's the last time I take the Albuterol pill unless I'm planning on lying around for 12 hours!  

Because even though I'm shaky and messed up . . . at least I'm not coughing!

No comments:

Post a Comment