Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sister bonding time.

So I interviewed my mom and my sister for my TV writing project.  I don't think I've laughed that hard in a long time.  The whole thing is about my sister's struggle with ADHD -- she wasn't diagnosed until she was 14, but she has clearly had it her whole life.  Nikki just recently started talking about it; she was very sensitive about the issue until about a year ago.

I recorded the interviews on GarageBand so I could go back and transcribe them later.  However, my sister wants me to convert hers to an mp3 file so she can put it on her myspace!  It's that funny.  We weren't even trying to be funny, and she did answer the questions honestly and I got a great interview, but we couldn't stop laughing!  She would say something kind of depressing, but then we would both crack up for no reason.  We sound pretty heartless, but for some reason the whole thing was hilarious.  It didn't help that we were literally lying in a bed in our pajamas, so it was extremely informal.

My mom's interview was a bit more serious -- we were at the kitchen table while she was eating lunch.  She still cracked jokes and we laughed, my family is kind of incapable of being serious, but my mom is probably the most serious out of all of us, so she gave some really great responses.

It was really nice to sit down and talk with them about something that has affected our whole family for so long.  Most of the time we are a let's-just-not-talk-about-it-maybe-it-will-go-away family, so it cleared the air a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment