Sunday, March 29, 2009

I Know What You Did Last Night . . .

Intriguing and slightly menacing title, right?  I know.  I don't really know what you did last night.  I wish I did, because I am nosy and I love gossip, but I do not have the ability to know what you did last night without physically being there.

The title stems from this program we are doing in housing.  My fellow RA/sorority sister Sam and I are in charge of it because we like to volunteer to do more work than we are required to do.  So basically residents sign up for it and every day for a week they will get an envelope under their door.  On Sunday, the envelope will be their new identity (Joe the hockey player, Anna the StuGov president, etc.).  During the week, though, they will get a new envelope every day with the phrase "I know what you did last night . . . " and then it will say something like "you studied" or "you gave Lucy oral sex" or "you had unprotected sex with Kevin".  

At the end of the program, all the participants gather for a party in which they can see the whole web.  Even though Gina may have only had unprotected sex with Kevin once, he had unprotected sex with Lisa who gave Justin oral sex and Justin has herpes, so now Gina has herpes.  It's just a sexual education awareness program, and at the end everyone gets to meet and eat pizza and find out who they had sex with.

Anyway, Sam and I spent the last four hours assigning identities, making the web, and assigning and tracking STDs and pregnancies.  It was kind of depressing, we got really excited when someone had protected sex twice in the week with the same person.

But it made Sam and I think about it, so I hope it makes the residents think about it as well.  It gets kind of dirty, I mean, one girl has HIV, crabs, and she's pregnant, but she's pregnant by a different guy than the one that gave her HIV.  And then one guy had unprotected sex with another guy, and that guy gave his girlfriend chlamydia.  

The message:  ALWAYS BE SAFE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment