Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thursdays.

/startrant/

Thursdays = HELL.  

Plain and simple.  

It starts with me being super wired on Wednesday night so I can't sleep.  Then I wake up bright and early at 8am, take the fastest shower possible, pack a lunch and gulp down coffee before I proceed to work from 9am-3:30pm.

Sometimes the work part isn't so bad, when I don't have a major project to do and I can just answer the phone and make copies and run errands.  But when I'm working on a huge task--like the ones in which you have to MAKE a huge mess before you can clean UP the huge mess--it gets exhausting.

Then I have exactly 45 minutes to eat dinner and get in a few last licks of homework.  Which usually doesn't happen.  Then it's off to that mind-numbing argue fest known as Rhetoric, then there's a whopping 10 minutes (usually 2 minutes, because we always get out late) for me to make it over to TV Writing.  That class is actually fun, but it's at the worst time of the week.  I wish I had a sharper brain at that point.

Usually the painfulness ends there.  BUT NOT THIS WEEK!

THIS WEEK, I'm on duty for housing, which means staying up till 4am.  Oh, did I mention that the once-a-month BoardWALK that I have to plan is at 8am Friday morning?  Which means I have to wake up at 7am.  Do the math.


/endrant/

Sorry for complaining.  I had to get it out there.

2 comments:

  1. you're growing up so fast. I hate to say this, but welcome to adulthood. It kinda stinks to realize all the freedom you had to screw around and not really work quickly gets replaced with extended work hours or something else.

    Look on the bright side, it's a new week, the week is almost over and The Office is on tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers COurtney! Janelle, at least BOARDWALK is only once a month.

    ReplyDelete