Monday, June 7, 2010

Revelations

As a child, I was obsessed with many movies, some of which include E.T., Raiders of the Lost Ark, and Grease. The reason I point out these three out of MANY is the simple fact that upon watching these shows again around the age of 14 or 15, I suddenly realized that I had NO CLUE what these movies were about as a child.

E.T.
1) I had no idea that Elliot and E.T. were physically co-dependent.
2) I thought those guys in the suits were also aliens.
3) I didn't understand the implications of the rude name "penis breath".
4) I didn't understand that the flower was healed by E.T. and then died when he was dying. I just thought they were crying over a dead flower.
5) I DID NOT understand why Elliot acted so weird in the scene where E.T. gets drunk and Elliot is acting out the movie while he's at school. Totally over my head.
6) I thought Drew Barrymore's character name was "Birdy".

Raiders of the Lost Ark
1) What's an ark?
2) What's the covenant?
3) Who's the evil guy?
4) Why does the bad guy make Marion put on that dress?
5) That's it, I want to be an archaelogist.
6) SNAKESSSS

Grease
1) "A hickey from Kenickie is like a Hallmark card." I thought that he just made up a word to rhyme with his name, and he really gave Rizzo a card.
2) "75-cent insurance policy" I really thought he meant the insurance policy for the car, not a condom. And when he said "it broke", I thought he meant that a) the certificate ripped or b) it was expired. Yes, I was 9.
3) I thought Danny was just being nice by giving Sandy a ring, and I couldn't understand why she got so pissed, then I realized he basically tried to rape her. Yeah, that would piss me off too.
4) I also didn't understand how Rizzo thought she was pregnant and then she wasn't. I didn't understand the female menstrual cycle at the time and I just thought she was stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment