Monday, June 14, 2010

The Possibility of Evil

By evil, I mean plans.

I'm reasonably sure I will be heading to graduate school in the fall of 2011 studying something vaguely within the realm of film studies/production/screenwriting. There are numerous possibilities for schools, including but not limited to:

UNC-Chapel Hill (film studies)
UW-Madison (communication arts)
UCLA (producer's program)
Ball State (digital storytelling)
Birmingham (U.K.) (History, Film and Television)
East Anglia (U.K.) (Creative Writing - screenwriting)
Nottingham (U.K.) (English studies)

UNC-Greensboro has a sweet program, but they only accept people every other year in even-numbered years, so maybe I'll go get a second masters' for absolutely no reason.

Birmingham, though, is emerging as the frontrunner. They have a program in History, Film and Television that offers a 12-week placement program in the industry. WOW. Literally all three of the subjects listed on my bachelor's degree, AND an internship built in? That is very ballin'.

Of course, money is the huge issue here. I will be putting myself and maybe even my parents in an even larger amount of debt while continuing my education. But the fact remains that I like school, I'm good at school, even though I complain about it ALL THE TIME.

I'm still just very interested to see what grad school is actually like. In the US I would have two years of it, and one in the U.K. Of course, this is considering that I wouldn't chicken out on going there for a year. But if I get good scholarships then I'm going. Also, I need to actually get into the schools, but I'm so awesome no school would ever think of rejecting me. (crosses fingers and hopes that karma didn't read that)

Oh, and I also need to become funnier so I can be a writer on cracked.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment