Monday, April 19, 2010

Greek Day, Allergies and Summer Plans

Greek Day

Song and Skit was a giant fail. I seriously thought we had it in the bag, even after all three sororities went. I thought there was no way we would lose, since the others did basically the same skit with a slightly different overlying story. Nope. Second place. Again. I wouldn't really be mad if I thought we deserved second, I know DTS usually does very crowd-pleasing skits so of course I was a bit nervous. But . . . I don't know. Whatever. There's always next year.

Greek Day was one giant surprise after another. We won -- get this -- chariot race, water balloon toss, and tug-of-war, all by absolutely huge margins. Chariot, the girls said afterward they didn't even feel like they were running that fast. Balloon toss, Sam and I caught somewhere around THIRTY balloons while the other sororities caught something like 12 and 20. We came in second in toilet bowl and car push. So we were in first going in to LUNCH! A whole half-day, we were in the lead! Amazing. And then, of course, the afternoon events happened. First of all, I hate both mattress race and wheelbarrow, and keg toss is pretty lame too. But I think we could probably win those if we had like, one full practice. We have never practiced ANYTHING before this year. So the fact that we practiced tug, car push, and chariot is a huge deal. Third place for the nineteenth straight year, but next year is our chapter's 20th anniversary so . . . . miracles could happen.

Allergies

I CAN'T STOP SNEEZING and probably being out in the cold for 8 hours on Saturday did not help the situation. That is all.

Summer Plans

Well I got an internship at the Detroit Historical Society as I mentioned before. Awesome! I start May 10th. I'll also still be working at school. It will be rough, without much time outside, but I'll manage. The pool closed [ :( ], however Kathy and I are planning a Glass Office Special entitled The Glass Office: The Job Hunt. I'm trying to take a few trips as well, depending on how my plans pan out. The Twin Cities at least once, Evansville, and my cottage. I also want to try to have DPhiE retreat at my cottage this summer because it would be AWESOME.

Sorry that was so incredibly boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment