Friday, January 29, 2010

The Last Day/Night at Harlaxton

Tearing up a little bit right now. After all the craziness of finals and packing, our last day arrived. We had our British Studies final in the morning, and I'm reasonably sure I kicked the crap out of it. I felt like I knew almost too much, it was hard to organize my facts and theories. [later I found out I got an A- . . . bomb.com]. Afterward, Anne and Sam and I wandered around taking pictures and I took a video tour of Harlaxton so my family can see it. I am a poor camera woman, but whatever. I slid down the bannister of the Cedar Staircase. It was fun and challenging.

Then I took a shower (1 of 2 that day, as usual) and packed up the rest of my stuff and just hung out with people. That night the faculty served us a late-night breakfast. Meaning they manned the drink station and wore aprons. Kingsley served me which was a little creepy. And then when Bujak came to take my tray away I dropped butter in my crotch and he was really weirded out. A perfect end to a completely awkward relationship in which he yelled at me for not knowing about the St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre or told me that it should take me more than 8 hours to write a good paper. That breakfast/dinner was really fun, it was our last meal together and we crowded about 15 girls at our table. It was sad but hilarious.

Afterward it was a struggle to stay up all night. Sara and I were partners in crime. I signed the pipes 3 times, a signature, a poem, and an interesting conversation. Then we decided to explore and see if we could get anywhere forbidden. Didn't really work. But I wrote a limerick somewhere to leave my mark on Harlaxton even if they decide to be douches and paint the pipes again. At 10pm the first bus left, and it was sad. I cried a little when JR and Ben and Kelsey left. But I hid it manfully. Ben and JR both proposed to me so I will have to start learning how to live with polygamy. Stephanie Bryant was super drunk and sloppy and it was really funny. Victor and Tucker had a broment in which I thought they were going to make out. I ran after the bus like a dog as it was leaving.

Then those of us who were leaving at a later time had an entire night to kill. We said our good byes to the professors, which was devastating. Really.


Dr. Phil will miss me.

Not quite sure if DG will.

So then shenanigans began. Sara and I did gymnastics in the Great Hall. Alex and I laid on the floor under the chandelier with Paula and Katrina and contemplated whether or not the cherubs were going to come to life and kill us. I sat on Facebook. I went on the balcony and got the living shit scared out of me by the bell. We snuck around on tiptoe a lot. We went and visited Walser because he was awake like we were. And then we hung out in Alex and Katie's room until it was time to leave for Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment