Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Harlaxton Family Christmas

Bear with me while I try to remember the details.

The tree trimming was on a Saturday, fairly certain I was hung over and only dragged myself out of bed for the cookies and hot chocolate. I know this blog makes me sound like I drank like a fish over here, but in all honestly I partied way less in Europe than I did in the states, it was just a bit more intense in Europe. Anyway - end of November and we got to trim the tree. I didn't actually trim the tree, I don't even really know why. But a bunch of us ended up sitting in a circle in the Great Hall and talking, and then Dr. K himself decided to be super creepy and, while wearing a light-up Santa hat, come up to Danielle and put his arm around her and say, "Have you been a good girl this year?" We were all completely in awe/shock/crazy uncomfortableness. I couldn't stop laughing, naturally. Waner tried to take a picture of him but ended up taking a sideways video, which I will now post.


Then the group trickled down to about 7-8 people, and we sat there and played 'Would You Rather?' and it got dirty, like it always does, and we discussed such horrifying scenarios as sitting on Kingsley's lap while you are both naked in a vibrating chair while he's wearing the Santa hat. I squirmed a lot. It was AWESOME.

Then we had a fancy dinner the next week - or, rather, a meat feast. MEAT FEAST. I can't stop laughing at that name. I want to scream it from the rooftops. I may make it my Facebook status in a few minutes. All the staff and meet-a-families came and at the MEAT FEAST with us, and then there was caroling in the hall. I'm clearly WAY too cool to carol, so I sat on the Cedar Staircase and talked to Heather, Blair, Anne, and DG for like 3 hours. It was funny. I was supposed to go out with JR and Kitten but I was pretty tired and was running low on money.

I have a Ph.D. in HORRIBLENESS. peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment