Saturday, February 27, 2010

Lady of Leisure

Now, let's try to catch up the blogosphere on my life since I have returned stateside.

The first few days back were surreal. I was very very jet lagged and I didn't fully get over it for about a month, because I didn't really try. Christmas was awesome, I got to give everyone their presents and see all my cousins and aunts and uncles and it was so nice just to be able to sit around in PJs and watch Home Alone and A Christmas Story while sipping on hot chocolate. I even got presents from Santa - which I thought since "Santa" dropped about $4000 on me over four months that I would get a package of socks and a gas card, so that was a nice surprise.

It was also nice to snuggle unapologetically and have some male attention!!! I missed it. I learned how to flirt in England because I never had to flirt here. I'm not very good at it, though. I never got anyone to buy my drinks. Unless it was Waner, who didn't count. He bought me drinks for proofreading his papers.

Let's see . . . my birthday was fun as well! I got Wii Fit. (trying to tell me something, mother?) Which is AWESOME. The bird flapping game is bomb.com. Then I was taken out to Dooley's and got a ton of free drinks. I kind of milked the system for about a week. Good thing, because at that point I had $153.13 in my bank account. No shame. I also got a new hookah from Dan that I named Abu.

New Years was laid back, we went to Alex's house, played beer pong, smoked hookah, chased Peter the Fat Cat. It was fun. I got drunk dialed about 4 times by Mary which was delightful!!

Hmmm. The month of January consisted of me literally staying up till 4am, sleeping till noon, running (yes, I know, WOW), eating, reading, watching movies, and having no job. I sat on Facebook a lot. I became a very accomplished creeper. I missed England a lot. Too much. Still do. Drank and smoked. Which is bad, I know, but really, when you're bored and all your friends and family have lives, what do you do? (after I read all my books, watched all my movies, hung out with people that could hang out, etc.)

FINALLY I got my old job back in February and had something to fill my time. And my wallet.

And that's pretty much where my life is right now.




No comments:

Post a Comment