Sunday, July 4, 2010

Qualifications for Being a Famous Female Writer in the 1920s

Author's Note: Ramblings influenced by a lot of wine


Really, though, what if I was famous? I'm reading a quad-ography of Edna St. Vincent Millay, Dorothy Parker, Edna Ferber, and Zelda Fitzgerald. What if I was like them? Check list:



Qualifications for Being A Famous Female Writer in the 1920s

1) Drinking a lot (done)

2) Abortions (nope, not needed)

3) Debt (yeah, but I can't get rich playboys to pay them off)

4) Living in France because the exchange rate is amazing (nope, USD prematurely ejaculates over all foreign markets)

5) Being a celebrity in New York (possibly, but not yet)

6) Having a shitty husband (not married yet)

7) Having dirty affairs (not until I need to sleep with someone to get my novel published)

8) Trying out Hollywood and failing (I won't fail. But I haven't tried yet.)

9) Acting impish and retarded and hating Ernest Hemingway because I'm supposed to be a flapper (I can never be as crazy as Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald)

10) Marrying a homosexual theater critic who will let me sleep with a lot of men and women (However glamorous that may sound, I can't see myself doing that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment