Thursday, October 29, 2009

Week at the Manor!


The weekend of the 15th-16th-17th was actually quite nice, I stayed here at Harlaxton! Let me back up though, to that Wednesday which, as of right now, has gone down in history as the best day I have ever had at Harlaxton!

That day should have been awful. In preparation for our field trip the following week, we had double British Studies so, two lectures and two seminars. However, for the first seminar, we got split into groups and had to perform a scene from John Gay's The Beggar's Opera. My teacher challenged us to come up with something creative, but then said that most people just sit and read it. If you know me, this kind of stuff makes me SUPER excited. My group is awesome and we decided to set all the "airs" (songs) to the tune of QUEEN songs. We had Bohemian Rhapsody, Fat Bottom Girls, Another One Bites The Dust, and We Are The Champions. Also, I had to play a pregnant whore, so I had a scarf balled up under my shirt and I had to scream at my friend Sam for knocking me up and promising to marry another chick. My teacher LOVED it. We did so awesome. Far better than all the other groups who just read it out loud and sat in their seats.

So I was flying high after that, and it was pizza day at lunch so that was just icing on the cake. Then we had another lecture and my favorite person ever was giving it so Anne and I of course sat up front, then seminar afterward was good because Dr. Green said "I hate Romantic poetry, and I especially hate the daffodil poem." BALLER!!!! We didn't have to read the daffodil one. Then we got our tests back and I got an A-! So excited.

THEN it was Mexican Night for dinner! Another quality meal. Then it all came down to the Big Kahuna . . . 80s night in the Bistro. I went as Robin Sparkles from How I Met Your Mother, complete with shoulder pads, blazer, black net gloves, pearls, everything. It was amazing. Best night I've had in a long time. I peed in the faculty bathroom. I'm not sure if that's definitely off-limits or not, but it was totally awkward.

One of the best parts is that I didn't have Politics in the morning so . . . I got to sleep in! The day was just so good in so many ways.

Saturday was a day trip to York, which was fun. Kelley Boothe and I just basically walked around, climbed on more Roman walls, sat in a pretty park and talked about stupid sorority stuff--it was nice! That night I just chilled out in the room all by myself and watched The Young Victoria which is a pretty damn good movie.

More stuff to come -- I still have to blog about Poland and Halloween! Not to mention I'm leaving for Wales in about 8 hours! YIKES!

No comments:

Post a Comment