Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The End of Life As I Know It

Well, it has finally happened. My other half has left me. She is on to bigger and better things, namely getting a masters in psycho in Wisconsin. I have been okay. Only one major break down. Funnily enough it happened on the roof of a fraternity house while I was watching people climb up a la Spiderman and admiring a Jimi Hendrix poster. I can't make this stuff up. I drove home sobbing. I can't believe I didn't crash. NO REALLY. I'm lucky to be alive at this point.

It doesn't feel real yet, but that's because she has left for the summer before and came back. I think it will hit me come September.

Ahhh the future. Seriously I hate thinking about it and talking about it but I understand that I have to. I'm looking at grad programs in Chicago, Wisconsin, Indiana, Canada (I know, right?), and England. England's a total long shot because, oh yeah, I'M EXTREMELY POOR. But whatever, it's worth a try. And clearly I'm fine at dealing with separation anxiety. Plus, England is awesome in that you can complete your masters in a year rather than two. I think it would be worth it. But again, extreme long shot.

I went for a run today. And now I'm washing my bedding. And then I'm going to feel very intellectual and read some Herodotus for my Greek history class.

Thus, sums up my existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment